How Old Do You Have to Be to Play Paintball?
Most people would agree that paintball is a lot of fun. But what about the kids? How old do they have to be in order to play paintball? Is there an age limit?
In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at the minimum age requirement for playing paintball and whether or not there are any exceptions to the rule. Stay tuned!
First, let’s go ahead and answer the question at hand.
How old do you have to be to play paintball?
You have to be at least 10 years old in order to play paintball.
That’s the official rule. However, there are exceptions. In most cases, you can sign a waiver if you are under 18 with parental consent and your parent or legal guardian must accompany you until you reach an appropriate age where it is safe for them to leave you on your own.
But there is another exception and this one has to do with paintball fields and their age requirements for safety reasons. You may find that some paintball parks or facilities have lower age requirement restrictions than the legal limit of 18 years old.
And, in some cases, paintball park owners can make rules allowing younger players to play a paintball game on the field. However, whether you are under the age of ten or over 18 years old, it is normally required that you are at least 48 inches tall.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, go ahead and head to our paintball fields locator to find a place for you to play your next game!
Why are 10 Years Age Minimum Limit?
Well, first of all, the game was created by adults and it’s played like an actual war game. That means you need to use tactics against your opponent (other players) for your victory.
Having younger children play paintball can be tough because they lack the ability to plan ahead which is one of the most important things about playing this game. They don’t have enough experience to actually play the game and win it.
In some cases, younger kids can get really scared playing this game if they get shot at by the opponent players. That’s why a minimum age limit of 10 years old makes sense in order to let them grow up a little bit more before going into something that involves tactics and war.
If you still insist on having a younger child playing paintball, then we recommend that they go to the place where all paintball players can play together as one team against other players who are younger. With this strategy, your kid will be able to enjoy the game without getting shot at by older kids or adults since everyone is on the same team.
What are the Safety Precautions for Kids?
Of course, paintball isn’t an easy sport for both younger and older kids. It can be dangerous if proper safety precautions are not taken.
Here are some of the safety precautions you should take into consideration when your child plays paintball:
- Always make sure that the paintball field you are taking your kid to has a good reputation and is known for its safety. This will ensure that your kid and the other players at the field are always safe from potential injuries.
- Get them a helmet, mask, neck protector, gloves, elbow pads, knee pads and body armor before letting them play paintball. This should be done even if they are playing on a team with other people their age.
- Train them on how to be a good player and what safe tactics should they do in order to win the game. Teach them how to shoot without hurting the opponent players and let them know that if they see someone is hurt, they need to tell you.
- Let them play only under the supervision of their parents or legal guardians.
- Never forget to bring water and food for your kid when they play paintball at a field. They will surely get hungry and thirsty after running around the field.
- Don’t push them too hard playing paintball if it makes them upset, nervous or scared of the game. It should be fun for them since this is their first time.
There you go! We’ve given you the reasons why paintball parks have the lowest minimum age limit of 10 years old. Again, always research before bringing your kids to play paintball at a local field or an indoor arena so they can enjoy the game without getting hurt.